Thanksgiving is coming up fast. Am I the only one that thinks this year has flown by?
My sister use to send a gratitude text to her family and friends once a week and I absolutely loved it. It was so fun seeing all of the random and interesting small things that she was grateful for. I’ve made a few myself but this time I wanted to share it!
So here is my list (in no particular order) and just in case I’m unable to tell all of you wonderful people on Thanksgiving day, Happy Thanksgiving!
- I’m thankful for the days that my son ask for me to help him on a school paper. He’s not so great at writing…yet. Mommy to the rescue!
- For the strength, wisdom, and courage to raise another human. Strength to get through the hard days (because all parents have them). Wisdom to know how to answer those really tough questions. Courage to do what’s in the best interest of my child no matter what.
- My husband. As much as I want to beat him up a little on some days, he has been my biggest fan since day one. He has supported (and I don’t mean just financially) me every step of the way and deals with all of my crazy (believe me, there’s a lot of crazy).
- My job. I really hate my job some days but I’m so very grateful that I even have a decent paying job.
- My family. I’m grateful for the relationship I now have with my mother. For my brother teaching me to be strong by his actions. My sister for teaching me how to breathe, scream, breathe and move on.
- My father. He might not be on this earth anymore but he is still with me everyday. Even in his absences he reminds me to never give up.
- Coffee! I have to give that little cup filled with sugar and caffeine some credit. God only knows I wouldn’t have made it through some days without it.
- My great group of friends. For them knowing when to push and seeing past my fake smile. For their honesty and willingness to be there despite their busy life. For knowing me better than I know myself sometimes. For trusting me and sharing a part of their world with me.
- Game nights and the laughter that comes with it.
- Carpet wars (inside joke)
- Falling so far down that there is no other way to go but up.
- For finding out more of who I am everyday.
- Music that makes me feel in every way possible.
- For wonderful parent-in-laws. It can be really difficult when we marry into another family but I’m so thankful for the acceptance and love this family has shown me.
- Dancing it out moments.
- Pickles and ice cream but not together haha!
- Movie nights, chess and card games.
- Books and puzzles!
- Conversations that matter and ones that are just for fun.
- Being able to see inside someones soul and learning more about who they are and loving them for it.
- Alone time
- Things that make my son happy.
- The stars
- Having the courage to share my story with others.
- Bloggers and blogs. I’ve only been apart of the blogging world for 4 months and I have fallen in love with it. The credit goes to all of my readers and wonderful people I have found (or who have found me) on this site. You guys are amazing in every way. Continue writing your stories and I will continue to read them!
I’m sure I could go on and on but there it is folks! I would love to see your gratitude list! There’s no right or wrong way to make one. Most of all, remember that Thanksgiving isn’t the only day we should be grateful out of the year. Lets make a habit out of it everyday.