November 8th is coming up fast. A lot faster than I’d like. I’ve never felt such tension from an election. Maybe it’s because I never really cared enough. The last 2 elections I was old enough to vote but I refused to mostly because I didn’t feel like I had a good enough understanding of the process.
I voted for the first time ever yesterday afternoon! Thank God for early voting. It took 30 minutes to get in and out. I can only imagine what the wait time will be like on election day. Anyways, I finally feel like I had a right to vote and not just because the law says I’m old enough. I feel like I understand what it really means. I know my vote might not matter. If you believe in conspiracies then it definitely won’t count. Either way, I’ll be able to spend the next four years knowing that I did the best I could to make a difference. Plus, I get “I told you so” rights. Who doesn’t love that!?
So here is my last attempt at telling America that you do have a 3rd option. You don’t have to vote for Hilary or Trump. You don’t have to vote for the “lesser evil.” There is this guy…
Now here’s a few reminders from me before the big day!
- Research the candidates. Don’t believe everything you see or hear on TV. Don’t be a Sheeple!
- Don’t vote for someone just because someone else told you to. It’s your right to vote and your choice alone. Follow your gut.
- Wear shorts and a light t-shirt if you’ll be waiting in line outside. I made the mistake of doing the complete opposite. Believe it or not, November in the south is still hot!
- Bring water!
- Be confident about your vote and remember that no matter who you vote for, it will have some kind of impact on this country.
- Most of all please remain peaceful no matter what the results are. Our country is already in a big enough mess. We don’t need to add to it by rioting and fighting. If you want to protest, protest politicians not citizens. And do so peacefully.
Last thing, who wouldn’t love a president that knows how to make people laugh? I think we desperately need more laughter in our country.
I hope you found this helpful or at the very least entertaining.
Happy Voting guys! Stay safe out there!
November 4, 2016 at 4:51 pm
As you know poppet I am English, but well done for voting and from your gut, your conscience will be clear for the next four years, you Voted. Whoever wins and I shall be staying up all night here with fingers/toes and everything else crossed that my choice if I were an American will get through, if there is any justice. Most of all keep safe, take great care of yourself.
LikeLiked by 1 person
November 4, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Thank you for your kind words and concern! It really means a lot that people in other countries really care about what’s happening here. I’m hoping for the best!
LikeLiked by 1 person